everyone deserves thanks

More Ways To Give

There are many ways that you can help someone right here in Greater Victoria get permanent housing and the support they need for recovery.

If you’d like to learn more about how your gift can transform a life, or the variety of projects your gift can support, contact donate@coolaid.org or 250-414-4799.

Make A Big Impact

Your gift of $1,000 or more gives Cool Aid an opportunity to do something transformative, like provide job skills training, perform a critical dental procedure or help build new housing. For more details on a variety of projects your gift can support contact donate@coolaid.org.

If you’d like to see how generous donations have helped clients this past year, the 2024 Donor Impact Report is now available.

top of page


Kingston at Olympic Vista

Leave A Gift In Your Will

Cool Aid is working to end homelessness in the Capital Region. Your bequest can make a huge difference in the lives of vulnerable people and our community today, and long into the future. Undesignated estate gifts are used to support a capital program such as new housing plus the Cool Aid Endowment.

If you’d like to see how generous donations have helped clients during this past year, the 2024 Donor Impact Report is now available.

Please contact us if you’d like to learn more about making a gift in your will or other types of planned gifts at donate@coolaid.org

top of page

Leigh at Mount Edwards holds old photo

Give Monthly

Join our growing group of supporters who help people in need all year round. Your monthly donation gives us the ability to plan ahead and invest in long-term solutions to homelessness. You can choose to direct your donations to a specific program, or you can support where the need is greatest.

Give Monthly button

top of page


James serving lunch at Cottage Grove

Give By Mail, Phone or Fax

In addition to donating online, you can also print and fill out a donation form and mail with your donation to Cool Aid, 101-749 Pandora Avenue, Victoria BC, V8W 1N9,  call 250-414-4793 or fax 250-383-1639.

top of page

Teddy Bear Love at Desmond House

Giving Shares Can Make A Big Impact

Did you know that when you sell shares in a non-registered investment account a significant portion will be taxed? This is because 50% of the shares’ appreciated value (the capital gain) is taxable. But when you transfer your shares directly to a registered charity, you don’t pay any capital gains tax and still receive a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of the shares at the time of disposition by the charity.

If you’d like to see how generous donations have helped clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2024 Donor Impact Report is now available.

If you have some shares you’d like to donate to Cool Aid, simply have your broker fill out the donation of securities form and email Cool Aid at  donate@coolaid.org or fax 250-383-1639.

top of page

Cool Aid Hillside tenant in the library

Third Party Fundraising

Organize an Event:  Put some fun into your fundraising by organizing an activity that not only gives back to the community, but helps build your team as well. To learn more about how to support Greater Victoria’s most vulnerable people please contact us for fundraising suggestions and third party event info donate@coolaid.org.

Create your own Fundraising Page: A simple, quick and fun way to make a big difference. Rally your loved ones to raise funds and join you in support of Cool Aid programs! go to:  https://www.canadahelps.org/en/fundraise/


How do I get my third party fundraising event proposal approved?

Please forward your proposals or questions to Keely Martin: kmartin@coolaid.org

Can you provide me with some fundraising ideas?

Yes! Contact Keely kmartin@coolaid.org

What are Cool Aid’s fundraising policies?

Here is a link to our current fundraising policies.

Can donors receive a tax receipt?

Yes! Please provide the donors mailing address for the tax receipt. We are happy to send you a

copy of our donation form.

Can I get a tax receipt for event expenses?

Unfortunately not, all event expenses need to be covered through the event proceeds (eg. ticket sales and sponsorship).

What are Cool Aid’s logo guidelines?

Here is a link to our current logo guidelines.

Does Cool Aid provide insurance?

No – event organizers are responsible for obtaining appropriate insurance coverage, licenses and other permits.

Does Cool Aid provide volunteers for my event?

No, event organizers need to arrange for their own staffing and volunteers.

Does Cool Aid help promote the event?

We are happy to share your event (post approval) on our social media! We do not provide mail lists or other contacts.

Things That We Need

Please phone ahead (location list below) to book a time to drop off your donation.

Current needs:

  • Men’s clothing (shirts, pants, shorts, sweats)
  • Belts
  • Men’s underwear – all sizes
  • Men’s running shoes
  • Women’s underwear – all sizes
  • Bus tickets
  • Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, unscented/not heavily scented soap, deodorants)
  • Tampons
  • Single sized fitted sheets and single sized blankets (washable)
  • Arts and craft supplies, puzzles, board games
  • Gift cards

Your gifts may also be tax-deductible when purchase receipts and contact information are provided. Generally speaking, only new gifts accompanied by a sales receipt to substantiate value can be issued a charitable tax receipt.

Drop Off Locations

Rock Bay Landing, 535 Ellice Street, 250-383-1951 (8 am to 6 pm daily)

Sandy Merriman House for women, 809 Burdett Avenue, 250-480-1408

Administration, 101-749 Pandora Avenue, 250-414-4781 (9 am to noon and 1 pm – 4:30 pm weekdays)

top of page