Could your business use skilled, reliable workers for a few hours, a day, a week or longer?
Looking for an affordable and easy way to fill temporary labour shortages?
The Cool Aid Casual Labour Pool may be the answer for you.
- Qualified, reliable, and enthusiastic workers ready to fill your needs
- No need to make long-term commitments
- No service fees or wage mark-ups charged to employers or workers
- Every dollar employers pay goes directly to the worker
The Community Casual Labour Pool is a non-profit, temporary employment referral service in its fifteenth year of operation. The Labour Pool is a Greater Victoria community resource operated by the Victoria Cool Aid Society.
Last year, more than 120 employers – ranging from homeowners to small to large businesses – were matched with skilled and eager temporary workers through the Community Casual Labour Pool. These income earning opportunities provided 327 Labour Pool workers with additional experience, skills, employment references and the self-confidence to pursue regular employment.
Information for Employers
We provide dependable labour for odd jobs that arise in your home, office, or business…
Here’s how it works:
1. Simply click here to complete the request form, call 250-388-9296 or email labour@CoolAid.org and let us know…
- How many people you need
- What you need them to do
- When you need them to arrive
- The rate of pay (at least BC’s $11.35/hour minimum wage)
2. We will send you our most qualified workers—you supply the tools and other equipment.
3. You pay your worker in cash or by cheque when the work is done. We are non-profit. We don’t take any of the money.
It’s that simple!
We’re open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3:30 pm for drop-ins and messages are checked throughout the day.
Call Wendy at 250-388-9296.
Want to learn More?
Thank You Supporters!
An especial big thanks to the most generous supporters of the Labour Pool: