Started in 1999 by and for people living with mental illness, REES’ approach is based on the idea that people with mental illness and addictions can make important contributions to the system that supports them. Cool Aid uses a co-operative, recovery-based approach to help reduce the isolation from community, friends and family that is often a result of mental illness and addictions. We work in partnership with families and professionals to enhance the lives of people with mental illnesses or addictions.
Referrals to REES are simple. Access to many of our services is by drop-in or phone. If you are interested in participating in specific REES programs, please contact us or ask a professional for a referral:
Phone us at 250-595-8619
or drop by our downtown office: 465 Swift Street, Victoria, V8W 1S2
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3:30 pm
closed Tuesday 12 noon – 1 pm
Thank You Supporters!
There are literally hundreds of supporters who ensure that the REES doors are open to serve people who are working hard to improve their lives. Thank you all. We could not do this without your help.
An especially big thanks to our most generous supporters:
- We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia (Outreach, Every Step Counts, Downtown Community Centre)
- United Way of Greater Victoria (Labour Pool)
- Island Health (REES)
- Provincial Employees Community Services Fund (Downtown Community Centre)
- City of Victoria (Downtown Community Centre)
- Frontrunners (Every Step Counts)
- Victoria Foundation (Every Step Counts, Client Engagement)
- Laucks Foundation (Labour Pool)