Homecoming 50th Anniversary Gala
It will be a special night of celebrating Cool Aid’s 50th Anniversary and the community’s generosity, featuring delicious catering and fine local beverages, live music, an auction and a chance to double all donations thanks to the generosity of Andrew Beckerman.
When: Saturday, May 26, 2018 from 6:30 to 10 pm
Where: Ship Point, Inner Harbour, Victoria (adjacent to the Harbour Air Terminal on Wharf Street)
Cost: $125 includes a variety of gourmet comfort foods and full beverage service (includes all food & beverage)
Homecoming is designed as a reception and mingling event with a variety of areas to explore and hang out at “Cool Aid House” we are creating under a big, see-through, heated tent, including some very special “rooms” for the occasion. After wandering down the red carpet, grab a drink and nibbles in the kitchen, relax in the living room and enjoy the fresh air on the patio… As well as stand-up spaces, plenty of seating and tables will be available in a variety of configurations for eating and relaxing with friends old and new. Heaters will be ready in case of any nippiness in the air.
- Delicious catering and a full beverage service
- Live Music
- Beautiful harbour views in our clear, heated BIG tent. Sunset and star views
- Auction items themed for your home including some big ticket items
Homecoming will also feature some historic displays and videos to learn more about Cool Aid.
All proceeds will directly support Victoria Cool Aid Society’s programs and services for people in the Capital Region.
The event is being designed and organized by Aidan Henry of Brink Events, whose other events have included Diner en Blanc, House of Distinction and more.
Planning on joining us? Invite your friends and colleagues through the Facebook event page for Homecoming. See you there!
Live Auction Items
Escape to Tofino
Enjoy a two-night stay at the luxurious Cox Bay Beach Resort, in Tofino, in a beautiful two-bedroom condo with full kitchen. You’ll also get access to resort amenities including sauna, hot tub, lounge, and exercise facilities. Kindly donated by John Knappett.
Do You Have an Alibi?
Enjoy a private dinner for 8 in your home by Alibi Catering, a talented team of hospitality professionals with combined decades of food and beverage experience in Victoria. Not only will the food be incredible, they will give you the perfect experience to tell your friends about. Their mouth-watering creations you tasted tonight are just a glimpse of the amazing food they offer. Kindly donated by Alibi Catering.
Swans in the Sky
Imagine this – a relaxing evening with your closest friends in a beautiful penthouse with stunning views! Top that off with an overnight stay in the penthouse… and you have our Swans in the Sky package! Kindly donated by Swans Hotel.
Port Hardy Getaway
Escape to the North Island for a relaxing stay at a premier First Nations destination hotel in Port Hardy! Your stay includes two nights of accommodation at the beautiful Kwa’lilas Hotel with a delicious breakfast each morning. Flights to and from Port Hardy are provided by Pacific Coastal Airlines. Kindly donated by Scott Roberts and Pacific Coast Airlines.
Whisked Away by WestJet
Have you ever wanted to see Times Square in New York City, catch some sun in Mexico, or witness the Northern Lights in Yellowknife? With so many potential destinations, you’ll surely find the perfect WestJet location to suit your next journey. This package includes two round-trip tickets for two guests on any regular scheduled WestJet route plus a carry-on luggage donated by Coast Capital Savings. Kindly donated by WestJet and Coast Capital Savings.
Grizzly Bear Adventure
Get up close and personal with Musgamakw Dzawada‘enuxw’s grizzly bears on an immersive and intimate wildlife viewing experience in the Great Bear Rainforest. Join First Nation guides on a tour through the awe-inspiring waterways of their people’s traditional territories. The tour begins and ends at Sea Wolf Adventures located in Port McNeill. For trips this season please book immediately. Kindly donated by Sea Wolf Adventures.
The Wine Connoisseur
This assortment of 10 bottles of fine wine is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Or keep them all to yourself; we won’t judge! Package comes with a small drinks fridge. Kindly donated by the Cool Aid Board of Directors, Vessel Liquor and Westcoast Appliance.
Join the Social Club
The perfect membership for non-golfers! The Victoria Golf Clubhouse, a magnificent, stately structure that echoes with tradition, provides the contemporary dining and Club services Members expect. Package includes 2 annual memberships. Kindly donated by the Victoria Golf Club.
Hockey Night in Canada
You and a guest will travel by Helijet to enjoy the Canucks regular season game of your choosing. With $1,000 in Helijet dollars you will also have extra for another trip. Kindly donated by Helijet and the Canucks.
Stunning Sapphire Diamond Pendant and White Gold Chain
The gorgeous 18 k White Gold, 1.2 ct Natural Blue Sapphire & Diamond Pendant is sure to draw attention! Gemologist appraised at $3,780 and includes an 18 inch 14 k White Gold Chain.
Silent Auction Items
Many fun experiences are available for the adventurous:
- Round trip for 2 to Seattle from Clipper Vacations
- Date overnight with breakfast at Chateau Victoria
- Wine tour by LA Limousines & dinner at Il Terrazzo
- Climb time taste test for beginners at Crag X
- Brewery tour and beer & cheese pairings at Swans Pub
- Couples massage at Willowstream in the Fairmont Empress
- Storm watching or spring getaway at Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino
Beautiful treasures to enjoy:
- Gift basket from Fan Tan Alley businesses
- Poncho and pants from Turtle Express
- Handmade earrings from retired Cool Aid nurse Carolyn Showler
- Many beautiful jewellery pieces from Thistle and Bee
- Handmade quilt and table runner thanks to The Cloth Castle
- Handmade Irish blanket from Out of Ireland
- Wise man porceline and silk doll from The Papery
- A wide variety of beautiful Indigenous art from Westcoast Auctions
For the foodie in all of us:
- Sparkle it up with Sodastream, courtesy of CI Mutual Funds
- Kitchen linens and cooking classes from Smoking Lily & Cook Culture
- Chocolate cookbook and gift basket from Munro’s Books and Chocolats Favoris
- Whole Foods goodie basket
- 8 bottles of Sea Cider and a picnic backpack loaded with treats from Market on Yates and Joyce Bourne
- Beautiful, handcarved wooden serving bowl from JR Whiting
- Perogie Pinchers of Victoria dish up 3 kinds of homemade perogies
- Victoria Symphony concert for four
- Two tickets to Pacific Opera’s Fidelio
- Funky Fernwood date for 2 at Stage Wine Bar & Belfry Theatre
- Signed & framed Robert Bateman print from Bateman Centre & Prestige Picture Framing
- Season package from Dance Victoria
- $500 gift certificate for music lessons from PJ Music Studios
Kids Get It!
- Vikes Summer Camp from University of Victoria
- One week at Camp Narnia
- Three puzzles thanks to Oscar and Libby
- 2 family passes & book from the Royal BC Museum
- Butterfly Gardens pass for four
And much more!
- Wellness workshop for 15 from Silk Road Tea
- Chocolate and wine gift basket from Everything Wine & Rogers’ Chocolates
- Sonic toothbrush thanks to Dr. G.S. Tatra
- HD video recorder from Shaw TV
- Bike tune up at Goldstream Bicycles
- Happy dog bed from Pets Mart
Gift Card Garden
Visit the Gift Card Garden near the Silent Auction tables to pick up great restaurant, grocery and other local business gift cards. They can be purchased immediately at face value. Gift cards have been donated by Aura Restaurant, Butchart Gardens, Country Grocer, Cycle BC, Earls, Fish Hair Salon, Fish Hook, Red Fish Blue Fish, Fol epi, Fountain Diner, Frankie’s Modern Diner, Galaxy Motors, Great Canadian Oil, Helijet Dollars, John’s Place, La Fiesta Café, Macchiato Caffe, Max Furniture, Moore’s, Peninsula Co-op, Poppies Floral Art and Superstore.