Cool Views #5 – 2013
Meet some of the great people that live and work at Cool Aid’s buildings, see some fabulous artwork, and find out what’s in store for 2013 in this year’s edition of Cool Views!
Click the image to view the on-line version of Cool Views #5. To receive a printed copy, contact us at volunteer@CoolAid.org, or 250-414-4799.
Some stories include:
• Very Cool Events
• Giving a Way of Life
• Varied Voices
• Cool Aid’s New HOmes
• Healing of Jerry McBride
• Meet Cool Aid’s Red Seal Chef
• Art and Home
Cool Views #4 – December 2011
Issue # 4 features the voices of Cool Aid’s clients, staff and volunteers as it reviews some of the new and old housing buildings at Cool Aid and some of the services that help people stay in their apartments. Click on the cover to download the PDF for reading.
Email volunteer@CoolAid.org if you want to be mailed a printed copy or a stack to give away. Your location can also be added to our regular distribution list by request. If you have an idea for an article, photos or images that speak to Cool Aid and its services feel free to contact Alan Rycroft.
- From streets and boats to Swift House
- My REES experience: a volunteer’s observations
- 225,000 nutritious meals served last year
- Why I love Every Step Counts
- Every Step Counts for women
- Poetry Rocks the Landing
- Sam Charlie – salt of the earth
- Paula Miller and the Toonie Group
- Leave A Legacy? I’m not a millionaire!
- Facts and Figures, Special corporate gifts
Cool Views # 3 – Focus on new shelter & housing
Issue # 3 highlights the many new services that Cool Aid has launched this year and the hundreds of new patients served at the Access Health Centre. Click on the cover to download the PDF for reading.
* New Shelter Opens – Rock Bay Landing
* Access Health Centre Services 1,500 More Clients
* Voice Mail Service – Just $6/Month
* Health Centre Staff Build Patio Paradise
* Cool Aid Opens Queens Manor and More Housing
* Remembering Herman Rebneris
* Cool Aid Dental Clinic Gives Back Smiles
* Chronic Health Management Physician Volunteers
* Leaving A Lasting Legacy for Cool Aid’s Clients
* Cool Donations and Did You Know facts
Cool Views # 2
Focus on mental health and employment
The second issue of the new Cool Views journal focuses on the mental health, addiction and employment services of Cool Aid’s Rees program, located at 707 Johnson Street.
Click on the front cover or here to pick up the latest copy of Cool Views.
Articles this issue include:
- Access Health Centre opens its doors
- The Mentoring Project
- Did you know? (Rees facts)
- An oasis in the heart of downtown (community activity centre)
- Fiona Hyslop – a woman of conviction
- Extreme weather shelter
- Community Casual Labour Pool
- The unfolding story of artist Tony Van Deven
- A brief history of Cool Aid
- 40 Years of Cool Aid Culture DVD
- New Thrift Shop downtown
Cool Views # 1
Focus on the Access Health Centre
A new periodical called Cool Views has just been published by the Victoria Cool Aid Society to highlight its many health, housing, shelter and support services for community members who are homeless and vulnerable. You can pick up Cool Views online orcontact our office to have one or many mailed to you or your organization.
The premiere issue focuses on Cool Aid’s community health services and the new Access Health Centre now under construction at 713 Johnson Street downtown.