Cool Aid AGM September 13: Creating Community Solutions
The theme for this year’s Annual General Meeting is “Creating Community Solutions” with a focus on people and organizations working together with Cool Aid to end homelessness in our community.
You are invited to attend the AGM, even if you are not a member, on Tuesday, September 13 @ 12 noon at theDowntown Community Centre, 755 Pandora Avenue. Refreshments will be available starting at 11:30 am with an opportunity for supporters, staff and clients to meet one another and talk.
The keynote speaker is Roger Girouard, Leadership Council Director with the Coalition to End Homelessness, Salvation Army volunteer, and retired Commander Joint Task Force Pacific and Maritime Forces Pacific in Victoria.
We look forward to reporting on the past year’s solution-focused activities which included:
- opening of Rock Bay Landing emergency shelter and transitional housing
- new supportive housing at Queens Manor (a repurposed Traveller’s Inn purchased by the City)
- one year anniversary of the Access Health Centre
- near completion of Olympic Vista seniors housing
- starting conversion of Streetlink shelter to housing (Swift House expansion)
RSVP or questions to Jeannette Wood, 250-414-4783 or jwood@CoolAid.org by Sunday, September 11.
Copies of Victoria Cool Aid Society’s Annual Report 2010-11 will be available.
Please check in before you enter the gymnasium.